I hope that all is well with you.
1) June is an exciting month for us as we are going to resume face to face Tuesday night drop in classes for the first time since the pandemic started over two years ago.
It has been such a long time. It is hard to remember what face to face classes were like. But I do remember they went a lot deeper than the zoom classes we have been doing. So it will be great to reconnect with old friends, and also meet new ones.
We are starting on the 14th of June (led by Padmajata and Keith)
On the 21st of June Khemananda will come up from London to lead the class. Then there will be a face to face class every week after that.
Doors open at 7pm for the general public. Good to get there between 7pm and 7.20pm, and we will start very promptly at 7.30pm. The venue is the Millbridge Rooms opposite Hertford Theatre. https://hertfordbuddhistgroup.co.uk/location/
You don’t need to bring anything. We will give full meditation instruction. You do not need to be “a Buddhist”. And newcomers are always very welcome. The classes are free, but we do give you the opportunity to make a small donation if you would like.
We will have a tea and biscuit break around 8.30pm, and we finish around 9.45pm.
2) Regarding the zoom classes, it seemed a shame to just end them, as many of the zoom regulars are unable to come face to face. So on a trial basis, we are making them monthly, and also moving them onto Wednesday night. 7.30pm to 9.30pm on the last Wednesday of every month (starting on 29th June) – using our normal link – https://hertfordbuddhistgroup.co.uk/zoom
Our final Tuesday drop in zoom class will be on 7th June led by Paramajyoti, Keith and Amber
Also this month there are a couple of other things going on.
3) There is a one off workshop with Vajradaka open to all regulars on 12th June 10am to 1pm in Ware.
He has been teaching meditation since the 1970s and is well known for his creative and engaging workshops. With a skill in teaching simultaneously both newcomers and experienced meditators, Vajradaka offers something for everyone. This really is a great opportunity to develop your meditation practice right from where you are. There is no fixed cost for this Sunday morning three hour workshop, we simply ask for a donation.
All welcome – email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your place and receive venue and donation details.
4) Also June is BAM (Buddhist Action Month). The Hertford Earth Sangha are organising some events
June 10 at 10.30am
Nature Walk at RSPB Rye Meads SG12 8JS. Meet outside visitor centre and bring binoculars if you have some.
June 11 at 7.30am
Walking meditation in nature at Hartham Common in Hertford. Meet at the tennis courts followed by breakfast and coffee in town
June 16 & 30 – 7.30pm to 9pm
Climate cafe at the Millbridge Rooms, Hertford. Informally discuss ideas, concerns and action with meditation, tea and cake.
If you want more information about these or future events, then please email email@example.com
5) That is all for now. This email is quite long enough, so I will not add a book excerpt this week.
Hope to see you soon 🙂